Instant Pot Turkey Tenderloin is perfect for a weeknight meal or holiday spread! Moist, citrus-marinated turkey will brighten up any dinner!
I started planning my Thanksgiving menu recently knowing this holiday season may look different than the previous years. That said, I still NEED turkey on my table. This Instant Pot Turkey Tenderloin recipe is perfect for feeding my little family while still having the magic of a Thanksgiving turkey!
INSTANT POT TURKEY TENDERLOIN
Like this recipe? Pin it to your MAIN DISH board!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
The holidays are my favorite time of year, but this year we won’t be having a large extended family gathering. However, I still want to be able to give my family something great to celebrate the year! This quick and easy turkey tenderloin recipe brings the same flavor as a whole roasted turkey without the extra work!
These simple ingredients will take your turkey breast tenderloin from basic to amazing in no time flat! The citrus marinade helps both with flavor and tenderness, and the sage and rosemary bring out that Thanksgiving flavor.
Turkey Tenderloin Ingredients
- Olive oil
- Sage powder
- Kosher salt
- Garlic powder
- Turkey tenderloin
- Lemon juice
- Orange juice
- Chicken stock
Most of these are pantry staples and combine for one juicy, delicious turkey tenderloin. Just like your original holiday favorite, but portioned for 3 instead of 13!
A turkey tenderloin typically serves 2 to 3 people, so feel free to double or triple this recipe as needed.
Whenever you’re making poultry, you always want to check the temperature! The required minimum internal temperature for turkey tenderloin temperature is 165 degrees F. (Just like chicken) I like to check in multiple places to be sure it’s done all over. However, this step is more important with a whole turkey where pieces will cook unevenly.
If you want to make a gravy to compliment your turkey tenderloin in the Instant Pot, save about a cup and a half of the cooking liquid once the turkey is done.
How to Cook a Turkey Tenderloin
- Start by mixing your seasonings with olive oil and rubbing the mixture all over the tenderloin.
- Then, add the marinade to your turkey and cover for at least half an hour. You can do this overnight if you’ve got a lot to make!
- Now, add a little oil to your Instant Pot and sauté the turkey breast for about 3 minutes, turning while cooking. If you want a more golden bird, add about a tablespoon less oil during this step.
- Next, move the turkey to a plate. Then you’ll add the stock and any extra marinade to the Instant Pot. Put the trivet accessory into the cooking vessel and put the turkey onto the trivet.
- Then all you need to do is lock the lid, set the vent to sealing, and cook on high for about 15 minutes.
- Once your turkey is done cooking, let it naturally release for 10 minutes before checking the tenderloin. (You can quick release any remaining pressure after the 10 minutes are up) Let rest a few minutes before slicing and serving.
If you’re running out of time, you can skip the marinade and still have a moist, flavorful turkey breast tenderloin. But if you have time, definitely marinate because it gives it such a delicious flavor and extra tenderness.
What is a Turkey Tenderloin
When you’re looking for a delicious cut of meat but don’t want a whole turkey a turkey tenderloin is a great choice!
Part of the breast, a tenderloin is naturally boneless and skinless. It’s one of the most tender parts of the turkey, much like a pork or beef tenderloin.
Though they cook quickly, they can also dry out quickly because of the low-fat content. Be sure to use plenty of oil and moisture when making turkey breast tenderloins.
Love this recipe? Try some of my other holiday favorites!
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Homemade Pecan Pie
- Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Cranberry Meatballs
- No-Bake Apple Cheesecake Dip
- More holiday recipes…
Tools used to make this Instant Pot Turkey Tenderloin recipe
Instant Pot: I use my Instant Pot almost every day! The size you want depends on the size of your family, but I prefer this 6-quart one. It gives me room to make large meats like this turkey tenderloin!
Meat thermometer: The temperature of the turkey tenderloin is crucial for both flavor and health. This thermometer always gives me a clear, accurate reading for steaks, chicken, and soups too!
- Turkey gravy
- Orange zest or slices
- Lemon zest or slices
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Mix 2 tablespoons olive oil, rosemary, salt, garlic powder, and sage in a small bowl. Rub all over tenderloins.
- Place tenderloins in a medium mixing bowl. Pour lemon and orange juice over the turkey. Cover and marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes. (see note) For a stronger citrus flavor, marinate longer. Reserve the marinade for later one the turkey is ready to cook.
- Place 2 tablespoons olive oil in your Instant Pot. Using the saute setting, brown each side of the turkey tenderloin for 2-3 minutes. (For a deeper brown color use 1 Tbsp oil.)
- Remove turkey from Instant Pot and set aside on a plate. Add chicken stock and leftover marinade to the Instant Pot.
- Place the trivet accessory into the Instant Pot and put the turkey on top. Cover and lock in the lid in place. Set the vent to sealing.
- Cook on manual setting (high pressure) for 15 minutes. Let naturally release for 10 minutes, then you can quick release any remaining pressure.
- Remove turkey and cut into slices. Serve warm. Store leftovers in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- I have skipped the 30 minutes of marinating time and the flavor, tenderness, and moistness or the turkey was still fabulous. You can skip this step if you need to get dinner on the table ASAP.
- If you want to make a gravy to go with this turkey, reserve 1 1/2 cups of the cooking liquid after the turkey is done.