Stacey and I got together for breakfast this weekend and I had planned on making an overnight french toast bake but I got to go out on a date with my husband and when we got home I did not feel like staying up to make breakfast for the next day. So, the next morning I decided to make traditional french toast. Casey likes to have cinnamon added to the egg/milk mixture but I don’t like how it never stays mixed, sooooooo, I decided to do a food mash up again! I LOVE cinnamon toast and I LOVE french toast so why not make Cinnamon Toast French Toast!
I am putting measurements for the eggs and milk but you may need more or less depending on how dry your bread is and how long you let the bread sit in the liquid so you may want to have more on hand. I also used butter in the pan to cook it but you can easily use cooking spray, I really just wanted to be decadent.
Real Housemoms TV
- 1 french bread baguette 1/2" slices, allowed to sit on counter for an hour or two
- 8 eggs
- 1 c milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 c brown sugar packed
- 1 T cinnamon
- butter or cooking spray to cook with
- heat large skillet over med heat
- combine eggs, milk and vanilla in a baking dish
- set the first batch of bread slices into the mixture and allow to sit a 1-2 minutes on each side
- combine the brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl
- place a tab of butter in pan
- place bread slices in pan, top with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon sugar mixture and spread evenly over the top flip to other side after 2-3 min or once the bottom is golden brown
- cook another 2-3 minutes
- repeat until all slices are cooked
- top with syrup and enjoy!