It’s that time again! Time for The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap! Last year was our first year. Here’s how it works. Food Bloggers from all over, sign up and in the process we donate money to Cookies for Kids’ Cancer. This year our donations were matched by the awesome sponsors of the event shown below and the goal of $10,000 was surpassed!!! Yay! We helped to raise $13,778!!!!!! How incredible is that?!?!?!?!
Real Housemoms TV
After that we’re matched up with three other bloggers that signed up to participate but they don’t know, so it’s kinda like a secret Santa cookie swap. Then the cookies start showing up in the mail. It’s a pretty happy day when you get a dozen cookies in the mail, let me tell you! The cookies were all delicious and I’ll link to them through out the day on Facebook as their posts go live so you can check them out too.
This year I sent out these Chocolate Chip & Peppermint Biscotti. I wanted to put together a hot chocolate package for my matches. I sent a little holiday gift bag filled with my Holiday Marshmallow Bites, these tasty biscotti, and some hot chocolate mix. I love to dip Biscotti into hot chocolate and coffee. It might be because I like an excuse to have cookies with breakfast!
I hope you enjoy these cookies and find some other yummy cookie choices to make this Christmas season. Get all my favorite holiday cookies here and be sure to make some sugar cookie icing to decorate!
- 1/2 c butter room temp
- 1 1/3 c sugar
- 1/2 t peppermint extract
- 3 eggs room temp
- 3 c flour
- 1 t baking powder
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 c chocolate chips plus 1-2 c more for melting and dipping
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- in a large mixing bowl cream together the butter and sugar
- add eggs in one at a time
- add in peppermint extract
- in a med bowl whisk flour, baking powder, salt
- add into the wet ingredients until just combined
- add in 1 c of chocolate chips
- line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray
- divide dough into two equal amounts and spread out into a long skinny rectangle 2" x 10"
- place in oven and bake for 30-35 min until light golden brown
- pull parchment paper onto a cutting board and slice cookie loaves in 1 inch thick pieces crosswise.
- place back onto a cookie sheet cut side down
- bake for 15 min
- allow to cool
- melt remaining chocolate chips in a double boiler
- dip half of biscotti into chocolate and place on wax paper to cool
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!