These Chocolate Pumpkin Walnut Biscotti are perfect for dunking into that warm cup of coffee on a fall morning!
I have said it before and I will say it again- fall is my absolute favorite season, and it has been since I was a kid. Sure, spring and summer are great and have their own perks. (And winter can just go away already. No thank you to the snow and cold!) But fall has always had a special place in my heart. The crunching of leaves under my feet. The cooler days that make you want to throw on your favorite pair of jeans and a comfy flannel shirt. Spending a sunny fall day picking apples and pumpkins. Wrapping my hands around a warm mug of my favorite coffee as I watch the colorful leaves blowing in the wind on a fall morning. And then there is the fall baking. I love all the flavors that come with fall- especially pumpkin. I happen to be on Team Pumpkin Everything. 😉
One of my favorite flavors to pair with pumpkin is chocolate. Once upon a time, I was a doubter. I used to think, pumpkin, and chocolate? No way! But if you haven’t given this perfect fall flavor combo a go yet, this Chocolate Pumpkin Walnut Biscotti is the perfect opportunity to do so. Rich dark chocolate, creamy pumpkin, and crunchy walnuts make this the perfect biscotti for fall. And if you haven’t baked your own biscotti before, you are about to be in for a pleasant surprise- it is much easier to make at home than you may think! You might even start wondering why you ever bought biscotti at those pricey coffee shops before. 😉
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 oz of dark chocolate chunks or chopped, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks or chips
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- Combine the eggs, pumpkin puree, sugar, baking powder, & salt in a large bowl. Beat on medium speed until the the mixture is light in color, about 3-4 minutes. Add in the melted baking chocolate & beat an additional 30 seconds until well combined.
- Fold in the chopped walnuts & dark chocolate chunks or chips.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cocoa powder, flour, & pumpkin pie spice.
- On low speed, gradually beat the flour/cocoa mixture into the wet mixture until incorporated.
- Transfer the dough to your lined baking sheet and form into a flat loaf, about 15 inches long & 5-6 inches wide. Bake for 25 minutes, and then remove from the oven. Turn the heat down to 325.
- Allow the loaf to cool for about 5-10 minutes. I like to lightly pat down the loaf with water after it has cooled for about 5 minutes to prevent the loaf from cracking.
- Once the loaf has cooled a bit but is still warm, cut into about 1 inch thick slices using a chef's knife.
- You can cut your slices on a diagonal, if you wish. I usually just cut them straight across, and then in half.
- Once cut, transfer all the slices flat side down back to the baking sheet. Bake an additional 20-25 minutes.
- Transfer the baked slices to a wire rack and allow them to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
If you loved this recipe, you might also like my…
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Layered Brownies
Double Chocolate Cherry Biscotti
Leave a Reply