Deliciously flavorful Chicken Mirabella is sweet and savory, with prunes, capers, and green olives, it is one of the best things I have ever eaten. Seriously, a total favorite, and super easy to make too!
Chicken is one of our family favorites. I love how delicious and versatile chicken is, and how inexpensive it is too. I am obsessed with this Chicken Mirabella recipe. It is just loaded with so much flavor, it isn’t even funny. It also satisfies my olive cravings when I can’t justify having olive tapenade and bread for dinner with a glass of wine. I girl can dream though. One of my favorite side to pair with this chicken dish is Tortellini Pasta Salad. It’s the perfect Mediterranean fare!
Like this recipe? Pin it to your DINNER pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
I tend to love the sweeter side of foods. But my husband, while sporting a huge sweet tooth for desserts, like his meats to be more savory. This chicken is the perfect compromise for us. It offers a nice sweetness which I love, that is achieved through the prunes and brown sugar. But there is also a savory brininess from the vinegar, capers, and green olives. It is seriously such an awesome combo of flavors.
I know my kids are always a little skeptical of the “stuff” in the pan and will often pick it off, which is fine by me because it means more for me. Those are the best bits. Just like in this awesome Greek Chicken or this equally delicious Italian Chicken,
For this recipe, you start by browning your chicken in a skillet, then remove it and make the sauce. Bring the sauce up to a boil, add the chicken back in, and cook until the chicken reaches an internal temp of 165 degrees. Then savor and enjoy!
Want more one-skillet dinners?
- One Pan Chicken Stroganoff
- One Pan Baked Italian Chicken and Tomatoes
- One Pan Rosemary Garlic Broccoli, Potatoes & Sausage
- One Pan Tex-Mex Chicken & Rice
- One Pan Chicken & Vegetables
- More dinner recipes…
Tools used to make this Chicken Mirabella recipe
Large Skillet: This skillet is my go-to kitchen tool. It’s large circumference and high sides make it perfect for cooking anything from one pan meals to soups and sauces.
- 6 chicken breasts pounded thin and even
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 4 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup white cooking wine
- 2 Tbs honey
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 Tbs dried parsley
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sliced green olives
- 1/4 cup capers some brine okay, but not swimming in it
- 1 1/2 Tbs minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped/diced prunes
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet
- Sear the chicken on both sides, until golden brown, then remove from pan. Set aside
- Add all sauce ingredients to skillet, and bring to a boil, stirring together.
- Let boil 2-3 minutes, to let reduce slightly, stirring all the while.
- Return chicken to skillet, and make sure it is covered in sauce.
- Cook until chicken reaches 165 degrees internal temperature (4-5 minutes depending on thickness of chicken)
- Remove from heat and Enjoy!