Cantaloupe Sherbet is an amazing dessert that is absolutely perfect for summer! Summer is technically over at my house since my kids went back to school, but the weather is still over 100 degrees, we are still going in the pool, and we still want some refreshing and yummy treats to beat the heat!!! My family loves cantaloupe, so turning it into a sweet sherbet was a great idea! My parents were here for our first week back to school, so it was awesome to enjoy some tasty Cantaloupe Sherbet by the pool after dinner!
recipe from MyRecipes/Cooking Light
- Bring first 4 ingredients to a boil in a saucepan and cook 1 minute or until sugar dissolves
- Remove from heat and place pan in a large ice-filled bowl for 15 minutes or until sugar mixture cools completely, stirring occasionally
- Place cantaloupe, vodka, and juice in a food processor and process until smooth Strain cantaloupe mixture through a sieve over a bowl and discard solids
- Add sugar mixture and cream to cantaloupe mixture and stir well
- Pour cantaloupe mixture into the freezer can of an ice-cream freezer and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions
- Spoon sherbet into a freezer-safe container and cover and freeze 1 hour or until firm
Suzanne of Simply Suzannes at Home says
Ok, this looks so refreshing!
I LOVE cantaloupe, so I’m absolutely going to try this!
Think I could make this sherbet using a honeydew melon too?
Thanks for sharing!
Thank you Suzanne! It is really yummy and refreshing! I think honeydew melon would be great and was thinking of trying it too! Let us know what you think if you make it!