Looking for the perfect costume this year? We have 25 DIY Halloween Costumes & Ideas that are sure to frighten up some fun!
I absolutely adore Halloween! It’s the best. My favorite part is definitely the costumes. Sure, there are some pretty cool ideas at the Halloween stores popping upe everywhere. But I love fun DIY Halloween costume ideas!! Something unexpected or that you can’t get at the store. Especially when you’re coordianting with friends, your special someone, or your family. These 25 easy DIY Halloween Costumes & Ideas will get your creative juices flowing and help you find the perfect costume to rock on the 31st! There’s something for everyone, including so AMAZING make up tutorials if you’re the artistic type!
25 DIY HALLOWEEN COSTUMES & IDEAS
Love it? Pin it to your HALLOWEEN board to SAVE it!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest for more great recipes
DIY Halloween costumes for kids
- Dwight Schrute – A kid as Dwight makes my heart really happy!
- Wednesday and Cousin It – This treat bucket is a genius accessory to complete your Addams Family look!
- Scuba Diver – Perfect for kids that still have a binky everywhere they go!
- Mad Scientist – Great for bos or girls! A few simple accessories and you’re set!
- Crayz Cat Lady – Cutest cat lady ever! Just grab plushies from your kid’s bed and get decorating!
DIY adult Halloween costumes
- Kermit Sipping Tea – Memes made costumes. Boom.
- The Grady Twins – Creep everyone out when you walk down the hall in tadem with your bestie!
- Marty McFly – So easy to put together, just add a skatebaord and you’re ready!
- Clark & Cousin Eddie – You don’t have to wait until Christmas to rock this amazing costume!
- Steve Zissou – I have a big old crush on Wes Anderson movies and this costume if the perfect last minute option for everyone!
DIY couples Halloween costumes
- Operation – This is SO smart! Super cheap to put together too!
- Squints & Wendy Peffercorn – I’m currently talking my husband into doing this couples costume this year!
- Lucy Van Plet & Charlie Brown – The psychiatrist is in! Hit the thift store for everything you need without breaking the bank!
- Bonnie & Clyde – Bullet holes optional! I love the vintage vibes of these costumes!
- The Keymaster & The Gatekeeper – This is SOOO good! Something a little different that everyone will complement you on!
DIY family Halloween costumes
- Monster Family – Classic and so fun! Everyone loves the quintessential horror monsters!
- Inside Out – Surpsrisingly simple to pull together and everyone can act over the top!
- Pacman, Mrs. Pacman & Ghosts – A great way to include the whole family no matter their age!
- S’mores – This might be the cutest costume around! I’m also hungry now.
- Shark Attack – Terror of the deep and oh so cute! Just add some extra blood and you’re set!
DIY group Halloween costumes
- The Breakfast Club – Classic and perfect for you and you 5 closest friends!
- Stranger Things – Add as many characters from the group as you want to your set of costumes!
- Every Forrest Gump – So cool! I’ve seen this type of things done with Jim Carrey characters and Will Farrel characters too!
- The Big Lebowski – Classic! Pic your favorite character and go with it! Some one may need a servered tow in their pocket and don’t forget to give The Dude a caucasian!
- The Golden Girls – These are totally guys dressed up and I think I love these sassy braods every more this way!
And for a little bonus, here are some SUPER cool Halloween make up tutorials to really bring your costume to life!
- Pop Art Zombie – How cool is this?! I love all the colors, the brain showing a little, AND that I’m not stuck in a mask all night!
- Beetlejuice – Perfection! The moss and teeth stain are everything. Then you just need colored hair spray and a suit!
- Jack & Sally – The best Halloween movie around gets a make up mash up that even the pumpkin king would be jealous of! (I’m also obsessed with Lex’s channel.)
- Morticia Addams – So glamorous and simple! Just grab a floor length sheath dress and you’re in business!
- The Joker – Heath Ledger’s joker eas ah-mazing and this make up is the perfect homage to to him!
If you enjoyed these ideas you may also enjoy our collection of