Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Lil’ Smokies have a delicious sweet and savory flavor that’s always a hit with crowds. Making this appetizer in a slow cooker makes it a hit with hosts/hostesses everywhere!
Fall means so many things to me.
Back to school, pumpkin everything, baking, changing leaves and FOOTBALL!!!!
Preseason football has started and I’m counting down the days till I can watch a game! There is so much fun that goes along with watching the games each week. I spend time with my husband talking about each game, the players and what coaches aren’t managing their teams well. 🙂 Also, food. Lots and lots of food. I really love to watch the games and don’t want to find myself stuck in the kitchen running in every time I hear someone yelling about a good play. So a lot of my snacks come out of the slow cooker and my collection of best crock pot recipes!
These Honey Garlic Lil’ Smokies are so easy to make but have SOOOOOO much flavor! Honey and garlic go together so great! It’s one of my favorite flavors. Lil’ smokies and meatballs are a super tasty way to make a meaty dish in a crock pot that is a small bite. You can eat them in between plays that way you don’t spit any food at the table when something doesn’t go your teams way.
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/3 cup honey
- 7.75 oz Tomato Sauce Mexican style Hot**
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 28 oz. lil' smokies
- combine brown sugar, honey, tomato sauce, apple cider vinegar, soy sauce and garlic in a medium bowl
- add lil smokies to a slow cooker
- pour the sauce on top and cook on high for 2-3 hours until hot