One cloudy, rainy day in the Portland, Oregon area, my husband and I found ourselves ready to relax. We had been watching our kids play outside for the first time since last fall and couldn’t wait to sit out back on the deck and enjoy all the green trees and blue skies. So when the time came you can imagine how we felt to see the dripping leaves and grey skies! That’s when I was inspired to make a drink that would help us fake it till we make it, Tropical Sunset Cocktail! It is soooo good. It looks like a beautiful setting sun in the tropics and it tastes like the best fruity drink ever!
It’s great because it’s not too sweet! This cocktail has grapefruit juice and pineapple juice and they really balance each other out. Then those are mixed with rum, and flavored vodka to make a party in your cup. We took our drinks out on the deck with some blankets and listened to the rain and then the frogs and it was Heaven!
- 2 oz. grapefruit juice
- 4 oz. pineapple juice
- 2 oz. passion fruit vodka
- 4 oz. silver rum
- splash of 7 Up
- a spoonful of maraschino cherry juice
- maraschino cherries for garnish
- orange slice for garnish
- combine the grapefruit juice, pineapple juice, passion fruit vodka and rum in an ice filled shaker
- pour into two ice filled glasses
- top off with a splash of 7 up
- pour spoonful of cherry juice into glass and allow it to settle at the bottom of the glass
- garnish with orange slice and cherries
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!