Make having your favorite fall dessert even easier with this Slow Cooker Apple Crisp recipe!
If summer is the season of the BBQ, fall is most definitely the season of the slow cooker.
Set it and forget it is the motto of back-to-school season, at least in our house it is with kids running in different directions pretty much all afternoon long. If it weren’t for my slow cooker we may not get dinner at all. But lately, my slow cooker has seen a lot of dessert action too. Who knew desserts would become some of my best crock pot recipes?!
Cake in the slow cooker is SO good, but my favorite hands down is apple crisp. Apples and cinnamon are the fall flavor dream team. This slow cooker apple crisp is the perfect fall dessert, even on your busiest of days. Start the crisp as the kids do their homework, and by the time dinner is done, your delicious crisp ready for a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
For the Apples
- 6 apples peeled and thinly sliced (I use granny smith)
- 1/2 cup sugar mixed with 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- coat the inside of your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray
- toss apples with the cinnamon and sugar, and layer int he bottom of the slow cooker
- combine the flour,oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt
- cut in the butter until you have a course crumble
- scoop crumble on top of the apples
- cover and cook on high for 3 hours
- serve warm with vanilla ice cream
you may also like
stovetop apple crisp
single serving apple crisp
Nathalie Léveillé says
Can I double this apple crisp recipe in a 6 qt. Slow cooker? If so, do I double the cooking time on High?
Would appreciate knowing ASAP.