SECRET INGREDIENT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES are mega soft and chewy and just waiting to become one of your new favorite cookies!
I have a thing for chocolate chip cookies. But I also have a serious crush on oatmeal cookies – they are just so chewy! So what if every chocolate chip cookie could have the chewiness of an oatmeal cookie? I would be in heaven. Cookie heaven. Enter Secret Ingredient Chocolate Chip Cookies!
MY LATEST VIDEOS
For these Chocolate Chip Cookies, I used ground oatmeal in place of some of the flour and my dreamy chewy chocolate chip cookies were born. Blessed day. And if you want an even softer cookie, my trick is to pop it in the microwave for a few seconds and it becomes even more melt in your mouth – just when you didn’t think it was possible.
Secret Ingredient Chocolate Chip Cookies and a big glass of milk – cookie heaven awaits!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking tray with parchment paper or a nonstick mat. Set aside.
- Cream butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla together until very smooth and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, mix together ground oats, flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Stir butter mixture into flour/oatmeal mixture until well combined.
- Add chocolate chips and walnuts and stir until well combined - it will be thick and you might have to use your hands..
- Roll dough into 2 inch size balls and bake for 8-10 minutes - don't overbake! Let rest for 1-2 minutes then remove to a cooling rack.
slightly adapted from Allrecipes.com
You might also like:
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!