This Peppermint Bark recipe is a copy cat version of the Peppermint Bark from Williams Sonoma! Make it for your friends and family for Christmas this year!
A few years back someone in my dad’s office gave him a tin of Peppermint Bark from Williams-Sonoma. He brought it with him out to our house for Christmas and I was HOOKED from the first bite I took! I love that the bottom is a semi-sweet chocolate and then that’s topped with white chocolate and peppermint candies. The semi-sweet chocolate and the white chocolate balance each other out really well. I also love that the peppermint flavor is there and recognizable without being too overpowering.
I saw the price tag on that little gem when I wanted it and decided that this was a treat that I would be making for myself. This time of year I like to make a lot of different treats but because of that I don’t like to make things that will take too long or are too difficult. If it’s easier to make I can enlist the help of my little guys. I really want to give them memories of being with me in the kitchen at Christmas. Some of the best Christmas memories I have are filled with sugar and family and I love them, so I want to give those to my kids too.
This recipe for Peppermint Bark is so simple to make and I made it in the microwave with the littles to keep it super simple. It makes a great gift for friends and family and a fun gift your kids can make for their teachers. Grab a cute Christmas tin or treat box, line it with Christmas tissue and then fill with your simple peppermint bark and you’re set! We have some really simple bark recipes on Real Housemoms to help like, Chocolate Cranberry Walnut Bark and our Easy Chocolate Bark Recipe! Give them a shot and make Christmas super sweet and easy!
The tools I used:
- 12 oz. Semi-Sweet chocolate chips
- 11 oz. White chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup peppermint candies crushed
- pour semi-sweet chocolate chips into a medium mixing bowl
- microwave for 30 seconds
- stir and place back in microwave for 30 seconds, repeat process until chocolate is completely melted
- place a silicon baking mat in a baking sheet or line with parchment paper
- pour melted chocolate on lined baking sheet and spread into a thin even layer
- place baking sheet into the fridge for 10 to 20 minutes until chocolate is hardened
- make sure that the peppermint candies are crushed
- melt white chocolate chips using the same process as the semi-sweet chocolate and then add the peppermint extract
- remove the melted chocolate from the fridge
- pour the white chocolate over the top of the semi-sweet chocolate chocolate and spread carefully, to cover all the semi sweet chocolate, making sure not to swirl the semi-sweet into the white chocolate
- sprinkle the crushed peppermint over top of the white chocolate and carefully press into the chocolate
- place it back into the fridge until chocolate has hardened
- break or cut into pieces
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!