Sooooo I have been on a Salted Caramel kick lately and what better way to stay with this theme than incorporating it with peanuts, peanut butter and chocolate? These Peanut Butter Salted Caramel Bars are the perfect combination of flavors.
These bars are rich, chewy and oozing with salted caramel and peanut butter! Can you see the layers??? Yum! The crust is sweet and buttery topped with the peanut butter salted caramel, crunchy nuts and then delicious creamy chocolate frosting and more salty peanuts! Oh My!! There is no shortage of calories or peanuts in this easy bar!
These easy bars are perfect for a picnic or a bake sale. They are easy and make about 3 dozen bars. I love that its a bar so no multiple pans of baking cookies in the oven. Bar cookies are my way of making lazy cookies!!LOL! If you cannot find salted caramel ice cream topping you can use regular caramel ice cream topping and add about 1/2 teaspoon of salt to the caramel mixture. I also recommend using salted peanuts to help balance out the sweet of the chocolate frosting, but that is just my preference!
Are you a fan of salted caramel? I have to say I am in love with it and cannot seem to get enough and as you can see I love incorporating it in recipes!!
Get more great recipes like this one on our Real Housemoms Best Dessert Recipes pin board!
- 15.25 oz package yellow cake mix regular size
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 egg
- 20 miniature peanut butter cups chopped
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 11.5 oz salted caramel ice cream topping
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts
- 16 oz milk chocolate frosting 16 ounces m(or you can make your own)
- 1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, buBake 6-7 mitter and egg; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes or until no longer crumbly. Stir in peanut butter cups.
- Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the cornstarch, salted caramel topping and peanut butter; stir until smooth. Cook over low heat for 25-27 minutes or until mixture comes to a boil; stirring occasionally until mixture thickens. Remove from the heat; stir in peanuts.
- Spread evenly over warm crust. Cool completely on a wire rack. Spread with frosting; sprinkle with peanuts. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before cutting. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 3 dozen.
If you like Salted Caramel you might enjoy this Salted Caramel Cream Cheese Spread.
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!