These mason jar ghost luminaries are an easy craft to do with the kids and perfect for Halloween night!
Now that it’s October, we’re in full Halloween prep mode. We’re starting to break out our spooky decor and make some fun Halloween crafts. My boys love doing Halloween crafts and these little luminaries were a great one to do! They only take a few minutes to make and when then you’ve got a great thing to put out with your jack-o-lanterns on Halloween night.
MY LATEST VIDEOS
Here’s what you’ll need:
- mason jars (however many you’d like to make
- white tissue paper
- Mod Podge & paint brush
- black, gray, or purple tissue paper/cardstock/or sharpie
- LED flameless candles
1. Start by tearing or cutting some pieces of white tissue paper. One or two layers of tissue paper will give your ghosts a slightly white/more transparent look (which is what I did). But you can add more if you’d like it whiter.
2. Lightly brush on a thin layer of Mod Podge and apply tissue paper. Then, go over the white tissue paper with a thin coat of Mod Podge.
3. Once the white tissue paper is applied, you can add ghost features. For some reason, my boys decided on purple. But, obviously black & gray would work well too. You can cut shapes out of tissue paper or card stock. Or, you can draw the eyes & mouth on with Sharpie or paint pens – whatever is easiest for you!
4. Let dry and add in your LED candles!
That’s it! A super easy Halloween craft to do with the kids! Add them to your jack-o-lanterns out front on Halloween night!
For even more ghostly fun Halloween crafts, be sure to check out these posts:
Get more great ideas like this one on our DIY & More pin board!
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!