Okay, Okay … I realize we just made it through Christmas and are barely into the new year, but I’ve got a quick and easy DIY project that feels a bit Valentine-ish. Don’t get me wrong, I do love Valentine’s Day, but I’m honestly not trying to rush it! These love quote coasters are neutral enough to leave out all year long … and love is always in season, right?!? (Hashtag that … ‘SO CHEESY’!)
This simple DIY/craft project that you can whip up in a nap time (or part of an afternoon). They are perfect for Valentine’s Day, but would also make a great wedding present (as a sweet touch to go with those wine glasses off their registry), a bridal shower gift, or even as a housewarming gift for a cute couple!
Here’s what you’ll need to make these:
Real Housemoms TV
- Plain ceramic coasters available at most craft stores
- Alphabet stamps
- Black Stamp Pad
- Old Book pages
- Mod Podge
- Polycrylic (or another sealant)
- Foam Brush (or two)
And here’s how to quickly whip some up:
- First, cut your book pages to a square slightly smaller than your coaster:
- Next, stamp out your quote or message. TIP: If you’re using the same size letters as I did, you’ll want your quote to be fairly short (I tried stamping out ‘and the greatest of these is love’ and I quickly ran out of room!). I also wanted these to look a bit imperfect, so I was fine with some of the corners of the rubber stamp showing around the letters:
- Next, we’ll adhere the book page squares to the coasters. First, apply a layer of mod podge to coaster.
- Next, place book page onto coaster, centering it quickly before it adheres completely. Then apply another layer of mod podge on top of book page. You can be fairly generous … it dries clear, I promise!
- Wait for mod podge to dry (30 mins – 1 hour), then apply a layer of Polycrylic over entire coaster to create a waterproof seal (important since these will most likely get drips and spills on them (especially if they’re holding MY coffee cups … ha!).
Just wait for the Polycrylic to dry, and that’s all, folks!
Wrap ’em up with some twine for gifting …
Maybe add a cute and festive DIY gift tag:
Such a cute DIY gift for Valentine’s day or any day (or any occasion!).
Thanks for having me here today! I’ll be back next month with another project, but until then, I’d love for you to stop over to View From The Fridge and say hello!
Looking for another DIY Coaster Idea? Here’s some hand stenciled cork coasters:
Or another fun Valentine’s Day gift (or wedding gift) Idea, DIY Embossed ‘You Complete Me’ Mugs!
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!