Ahhh there’s just something about the good ‘ole red, white and blue, right? I love this time of year where everything has that lovely patriotic theme! It just screams summertime to me! And since this summer you might be heading to your fair share of parties, I thought a cute little Patriotic Painted Tote just might be on your list!
If you’re like me, you might see something cute in the store and think, “hey, I could make that!” Now sometimes you can buy something for cheaper than it would cost to make it, but in this case I’ve been eyeing some adorable patriotic tote bags that don’t quite fit the budget. So when I saw this $3 white striped tote in the Target dollar area, I immediately knew I could make it over into something trendy and useful in just an afternoon!
MY LATEST VIDEOS
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Tote bag (white stripes are a bonus)
- Paint pens (in red, blue and white if needed)
- Star stencil
And the steps:
- Start out by tracing a star onto the middle of your tote bag with your blue paint pen.
- Fill in the star with small strokes, using your blue paint pen.
- Let that dry before moving on to the next step.
- Next, you’re going to want to fill in your non-white stripes with your red paint pen.
- If your tote doesn’t have white stripes, you’ll want to paint alternating stripes with a white paint pen.
- Let the red paint dry before using.
And there you have it – an adorable Patriotic Painted Tote made in just minutes AND for just a few dollars. Now THAT is my kind of project!
Now that you have this adorable bag, you can tote around your summer wares in style!
If you enjoyed this quick and easy craft, be sure to head over to A Night Owl for more! If you’re looking for more easy craft ideas, check out our collection of 4th of July crafts! Say hi if you drop by!
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!