Do you have any dishes that you used to make and, for no apparent reason you realize that you haven’t made it in years? I do. Probably a lot more than I actually remember! This Chicken and Israeli Couscous is one of those dishes! I was in the store and saw the couscous and it all came back!
I LOVE this Chicken and Israeli Couscous! It uses cinnamon even though it’s a savory dish and has a very Middle Eastern flavor. It doesn’t add a sweetness to the dish so if you’re a little worried about it, just try it and then you’ll fall in love. Trust me I wouldn’t steer you wrong. 😉
- heat olive oil in a high sided skillet over medium heat
- add chicken to hot skillet
- stir in salt, pepper, garlic powder, cinnamon and cumin
- add onion and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes
- remove to a plate
- add chicken stock to the skillet, cover and bring to a rolling boil
- add in the couscous and raisins, and reduce heat to a simmer
- cook for 5 minutes or until liquid has boiled off
- fluff with a fork and add back in the chicken, onions and any liquids on the plate
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!