CHICKEN CLUB SLIDERS are the perfect appetizer for game day or a fun dinner to change things up!
When I first saw sliders starting to pop up on restaurant menus, I just didn’t get it. I mean, they are just miniature burgers, right? Then my husband ordered them and I was obsessed. They were SO dang cute! I was converted to a slider lover and now I make them at home all the time.
For some reason, sliders seem like they are really fancy. In reality, they are super easy. I like to whip up a bunch when we are having people over to watch a game or just hang out. and sometimes I make them just to change things up and have something fun for dinner too!
These sliders are basically a mini version of a classic chicken sandwich. I topped them with bacon, cheese and avocado, plus a little lettuce and tomato. When it comes to condiments I like to put ranch on mine, but the husband prefers mayo and mustard – they are super easy to customize!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 lb)
- Salt And Pepper
- 8 small dinner rolls or slider buns
- 8 slices cheese I like cheddar or provolone here
- 1 avocado cut in to slices
- 2 roma tomatoes sliced
- 4 lettuce leaves torn in half
- Optional condiments: mayo mustard, ranch dressing
- Cook bacon according to package directions. set aside and let cool
- Cut each chicken breast in half horizontally (butterfly) to get 4 thinner breast pieces. Cut each piece in half to get a total of 8 chicken pieces. Season each chicken breast piece with salt and pepper to taste. Cook over medium-high heat on a grill or grill pan, flipping once halfway until chicken is cooked through and reached 165 on an instant read thermometer. Top each chicken breast with a slice of cheese and 2 slices of bacon.
- Cut each dinner roll in half lengthwise (or use slider buns) and top with the condiments of your choice, lettuce, tomato and avocado. Add chicken pieces between halved dinner rolls and serve.
Looking for more fun slider recipes? These Buffalo Chicken Burger Sliders are favorite in our house!