BLUEBERRY MOJITOS are light and refreshing summer drink that so easy to put together – perfect for any party or casual gathering!
Of all of the cocktails out there, a mojito is most definitely my favorite. There’s just something about that rum-lime-mint combination that cools you off on even the hottest of days. This recipe takes the classic mojito and adds a fruity twist to it by adding fresh blueberries for a fun and unique version of the classic drink.
These blueberry mojitos are so very simple to make – the berries are crushed up along with sugar, lime slices, and fresh mint leaves then added to ice filled glasses with rum and sparkling water. You can even use a lime flavored sparkling water to amp up the citrus if you like. I use a muddling tool to crush up my berries, lime, and mint, but if you don’t have one you can use a fork or the back of a spoon.
I like to finish off these mojitos with fresh blueberries, lime wedges, and mint sprigs because in my opinion it’s not a proper cocktail without fun garnishes! Sometimes I change things up a bit by adding a handful of fresh raspberries to the mix for added flavor and color – once you’ve got the basic recipe down it’s so easy to create your own varieties.
I often make a whole tray of these blueberry mojitos at once to serve at parties, they get snatched up immediately! They’re especially perfect for when it’s hot out, I make sure I always have some type of mojito for my guests when we host summer barbecues.
Your family and friends will be so impressed when you serve blueberry mojitos at your next gathering, no one has to know that they only take minutes to make!
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries plus more for garnish
- 1 lime halved lengthwise and sliced
- 12 mint leaves plus 4 mint sprigs for garnish
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 6 ounces of white rum
- 1 and 1/2 cups sparkling water
- For each drink: In a highball glass, use a muddler (can also use a fork) to crush 2 tablespoons of blueberries, 1 lime slice, 2 teaspoons of sugar and 3 mint leaves.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice, add the rum and shake for 30 seconds.
- Pour the rum into the glass and top with approximately 1/3 cup sparkling water, 1 and 1/2 teaspoons lime juice and additional ice cubes.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients to make 4 drinks
- Garnish with additional blueberries, mint sprigs and lime wedges if desired.
More great drink recipes:
Leave a Reply