You have to try this Avocado Cilantro Lime Shrimp Salad! It’s light, fresh and super flavorful – not to mention low-carb and gluten-free!
Summer is meant for light and delicious meals! This Avocado Cilantro Lime Shrimp Salad is just that. Easy to make and big on flavor! The bonus, it’s low carb and gluten free so fits perfectly with my goal to make healthy food recipes whenever I can.
AVOCADO CILANTRO LIME SHRIMP SALAD
Like it? Pin this post to your DINNER pin board!
Real Housemoms TV
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
After searching and searching for a light and flavorful dressing that goes on salads and pasta, I finally found it! Not only does it go perfectly on greens, it’s great on meat and chicken too. The hubs and I are a little addicted! Honestly, it’s great on light, summer fare, but really good on heavier meat and pasta – so tasty year round!
The avocado cilantro lime dressing is easy to make and keeps for about a week in an airtight container in the refrigerator. The easiest way to make this recipe is with a hand mixer, but you could whip it up in a blender or food processor.
What could be easier than placing the avocado, washed cilantro, garlic clove, lime juice and a dash of salt for the dressing together and blending until smooth? That’s how easy this Avocado Cilantro Lime dressing recipe is!
You’ve got your dressing, let’s talk about what to put with it – your succulent shrimp. Now, you can either buy frozen cooked shrimp or fresh, raw shrimp that needs just a little prep and it’s ready to go! We usually peel and devein our fresh shrimp in a matter of minutes. For this recipe, we like to cook it in a little bit of the dressing. Yes, it’s that versatile, you totally can do that!
Cooking the shrimp takes minutes, but you will need to plan for it to cool a little before putting it on your salad. You don’t want wilted lettuce!
Tips for Making Avocado Cilantro Lime Shrimp Salad
- Any type of lettuce will work in this recipe. We often use buttercrunch or romaine.
- The dressing stays light and doesn’t separate when using avocado oil, however, you could substitute olive oil if that’s what you have on hand.
- Leftover dressing keeps for about a week in the refrigerator.
Having a get-together? Avocado Cilantro Lime Shrimp salad is perfect for entertaining guests. It’s never met a party it didn’t like! You’ll have some leftover dressing after making your Avocado Cilantro Lime Shrimp Salad, so use it on pasta or grilled meat another night this week!
Want more shrimp recipes?
- Shrimp & Avocado Puff Pastry Shells
- Cheesy Crock Pot Shrimp & Artichoke Dip
- Basil Lime Shrimp Skewers
- Spicy Garlic Shrimp
- Creamy Greek Shrimp Pasta
- More dinner recipes…
Tools used to make this Avocado Cilantro Lime Shrimp Salad
Large Skillet: This skillet is my go-to kitchen tool. It’s large circumference and high sides make it perfect for cooking anything from one pan meals to soups and sauces.
Knives: A good set of kitchen knives is essential for any cook. This set is the best one I’ve owned so far and it comes with a knife block, steak knives, and an array of larger knives perfect for all your slicing, chopping, and cutting needs.
Cutting Board: A good-sized cutting board is a must for home cooks. This board is thick & sturdy and makes recipe prep a breeze.
Salad Bowl: This wooden salad bowl is a gorgeous addition to any dinner table. I’ve had mine for years and love it!
- 24 medium shrimp
- 1 medium tomato
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 1/2 cups avocado oil
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic clove
- juice from one lime
- dash of salt
- If using fresh shrimp, wash, peel and devein. Sauté shrimp for a few minutes in 2 tablespoons of avocado cilantro lime dressing (optional) until it turns pink on all sides. Set aside to cool.
- For the dressing, place all ingredients in a container and blend with a hand mixer or blender.
- Wash and then cut or tear lettuce into pieces and place in salad bowl. Cut up tomatoes or other salad fixings. Place on top of lettuce. Add cooked and cooled shrimp. Place enough dressing to your liking on the salad and toss to coat. Serve and enjoy!
Here’s another easy shrimp recipe you might like:
Grilled Pesto Shrimp Skewers
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!