ARNOLD PLAMER JELLO SHOTS are a classic summer drink turned fun party shot!
Arnold palmers are the go to summer drink at my house. A cold glass of lemonade with some iced tea floating on top is the perfect way to cool down on a hot day. And I couldn’t think of anything I’d rather turn into unique jello shots than our favorite summer drink. These shots are made for summer parties, but they’re delicious any time of year!
Real Housemoms TV
Ever since I worked in restaurants, iced tea and arnold palmers were an art. Okay maybe not “an art” but there is definitely a right and a wrong way to make these drinks. It sounds silly but think about the last time you got an iced tea where the ice was almost melted and the tea was just on the cold side of warm. Yeah. One of my favorite things about making arnold palmers was the float. I loved the natural layered effect that happened when I would pour the iced tea in over the lemonade. Of course, it all gets stirred together in the end, but for presentation points, it was worth the effort.
When I went about making these shots I wanted the same layered effect. I’m a firm believer there should be some indication of what you’re drinking either from the aroma or look of your drink. These arnold palmer shots have the look and taste of a summertime classic with a whole lot of vodka added in. I went with a citrus vodka for my shots, but you could use regular vodka. For those that want to take things to the next level, divide the jello base before adding in the vodka. Then add 1/3 cup citrus vodka to the lemonade jello and 1/3 cup sweet tea vodka to the tea jello. The sweet tea vodka will darken up the color of the tea layer too.
If you like these shots, you have to try our Strawberry Basil Lemonade Jello Shots. They’re layered. They’re pretty, and boy do they taste good!
- 2 tablespoons 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup vodka citrus flavored or regular
- 1/4 cup lemonade
- 1/4 cup iced tea
18 two ounce plastic cups with lids
- Place the plastic cups onto a baking sheet so they are spread out. Set aside.
- Add gelatin to a small mixing bowl. Pour in cold water and whisk to combine. Let sit for 2 to 3 minutes while you bring 1 cup of water to a simmer.
- Pour the hot water into the gelatin and whisk until the gelatin is dissolved.
- Add the sugar and whisk until the sugar is dissolved. Pour in the vodka and stir to combine.
- Pour half of the jello base into another bowl (you should have about 1 cup of liquid in each bowl.
- To one bowl, add the lemonade and stir. To the other bowl, add the iced tea and stir.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of the lemonade jello into the bottom of each plastic cup.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the fridge and chill the shots for 20 to 30 minutes or until the jello begins to set and the top is tacky.
- Remove the shots from the fridge and pour 2 tablespoons of the tea jello into each cup.
- Return the baking sheet to the fridge and chill for 1 to 2 hours, or until the jello is completely set. Cover each cup with a lid and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!