Apple Pie becomes a bite sized snack to dip in a Homemade Caramel Sauce using delicious Envy Apples, the perfect summer time treat!
I have received product/compensation related to Envy Apples to use for #LoveNZFruit. As always though, all opinions stated are my own and I only work with brands that I love.
Apple Pie is perfect for celebrating Fourth of July! I mean can you get more American than Apple Pie? Maybe these Apple Pie Cookie Cups?! These Apple Pie Bites with Caramel Dipping Sauce are so good! I had friends over for dinner and cards and we shared these goodies. Shared is a nice word for fighting to eat more than the next person, and get as many as we could before they were gone, politely. At one point my friend TJ grabbed the last one and asked her husband if he wanted it. Like a good husband he said, “No, you can have it. I’ve been trained that’s the right answer.” We had a lot of fun and ate a lot of pie.
I love that I can get typically fall fruit from New Zeland in the summer, starting in June and all the way through mid-October. I used Envy apples to make these Apple Pie Bites and they were perfect. Cher twitted out that she doesn’t like apples but she LOVES Envy apples. That’s how good they are. Their beautiful with their red skin and the inside is crisp and bright white. They even naturally resist oxidization, so they’re awesome for salads or even a super tasty place of cheese and apples (my favorite)! You can get some great ideas on their Twitter here or check out their website for more recipe ideas!
Check out more great recipe ideas from these awesome bloggers that #loveNZfruit!
- Grilled Pizza with Apple and Sausage from Cook the Story
- Easy Recipe for Apple Pie Ice Cream Bowls from It’s Yummi!
- Summer Salad with Roasted Envy Apple Vinaigrette from Pastry Chef Online
- Grilled Apple Turkey Burgers from Cooking with Books
- Apple Pie Milkshake from Big Bear’s Wife
- Apple Pie Ice Cream Sandwiches from Around My Family Table
- Apple Pie Bites with Caramel Dipping Sauce from Real Housemoms
- Apple Trifle with Bourbon Whipped Cream + Caramel Drizzle from Climbing Grier Mountain
- Apple, Sausage and Onion Kebabs with Honey Mustard from Doughmesstic
- Double Berry Apple Crisp from Nutmeg Nanny
Apple Pie Filling
Apple Pie Filling
- combine all ingredients except the water in a medium sauce pan and place on medium heat
- allow to thicken and the apples to soften
- add water 1 tbsp at a time if it becomes to thick
- remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature
Apple Pie Bites
- preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- roll pie crust to 1/8th of an inch over a lightly floured surface
- using a 3 inch circle cookie cutter or biscuit cutter cut out circles
- place circles on parchment lined baking sheets
- spoon out a teaspoon of apple pie filling on one side of the pie crust circles (make sure all apple pieces are laying on their sides)
- fold over the pie crust to cover the pie filling and form half circles
- using a fork press the edges together, sealing the pie filling inside
- in a small bowl whisk the egg white and tablespoon of water
- brush over the pie bites
- in a small bowl combine the sugar and cinnamon
- sprinkle over top of the pie bites
- bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and crispy
- allow to slightly cool on the pan for 5 to 10 minutes
- serve with Homemade Caramel Sauce for dipping