A traditional Italian dessert gets a tasty cinnamon spiced twist in this NO-BAKE CINNAMON TIRAMISU!
I am a self-proclaimed tiramisu addict, and I have no shame in admitting that, folks. There is just something about that creamy mixture of mascarpone cheese, rich coffee, & delicate ladyfingers that I just can’t resist. While I can always go for a slice of good ole traditional tiramisu, I always find myself playing around with the flavors in my homemade versions. Since fall is just around the corner, I thought why not try my hand at a warm cinnamon spiced version?
I left out the cocoa powder entirely in this no-bake version and replaced with it layers of sweet cinnamon flavor. The coffee that the ladyfingers are soaked with has been steeped with a whole cinnamon stick. Then ground cinnamon is whipped into the creamy filling. And for good measure, each slice is served with a little sprinkle of cinnamon over top. The perfect dessert for the cinnamon & tiramisu lover alike!
- 1 package (3 oz) ladyfingers, split
- 1/4 strongly brewed coffee + 1 tbsp sugar mixed in
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 (3.5 oz) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup cold milk
- 4 oz mascarpone cheese
- 1 1/2 cups whipping topping, thawed
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon, plus more for dusting
- Strongly brew a cup of coffee. While still hot, mix in the sugar. Drop in the cinnamon stick and allow to steep for 1 hour. Remove the cinnamon stick and allow the infused coffee to cool completely.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the vanilla pudding mix & cold milk. Then beat in the mascarpone cheese until smooth & creamy. Fold in the whipped topping & ground cinnamon. Set aside.
- Arrange half of the ladyfingers in the bottom of a 9x9 inch baking pan. Brush the ladyfingers with about half of the cooled cinnamon coffee.
- Spread half of the pudding/mascarpone cheese mixture over the ladyfingers in the dish. Cover with the remaining ladyfingers; then brush the second layer of ladyfingers with the remaining coffee mixture. Top with the remaining pudding/mascarpone cheese mixture.
- Cover & refrigerate for at least 4 hours & up to overnight. Top with a little whipped topping & a sprinkle of ground cinnamon before serving, if desired. Enjoy immediately. You can cover & refrigerate any leftovers for up to 3 days.
If you loved this recipe post, you might also like my…