I got to spend New Year’s Eve with my close friends and their families. It was so much fun. I love watching my kids play with my best friend’s kids. It’s so great to see. I sat down with my Mom to plan what to serve for New Year’s and I knew that I wanted to have some fun things for the kids to eat. We had lots of food that the kids would like eating but I wanted something that was made with them in mind to make the night special for them. New Year’s can tend to be a very adult holiday, so I thought that having something special for them to munch on would make it more of a party for them too. I made pizza with my Easy Peasy Pizza Crust and I went looking for a dessert dip.
This Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip was perfect! What kid has passed up the chance to eat a great big spoonful of cookie dough? None. Now this isn’t real cookie dough of course. It’s really more like a cookie dough flavored frosting. There are no eggs in this dip but it does have sugar, and butter and chocolate so………. it’s perfect in my eyes. I will say that some adults found their way over to this dip and gave it a try. It’s delicious and I think it was best when I dipped my buttery pretzel into it but the Nilla wafers and animal crackers were pretty good too.
- 1/2 c butter
- 1/3 c brown sugar
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 c powdered sugar
- 1 c chocolate chips (I liked the mini)
- melt the butter in a saucepan over med heat and stir in brown sugar
- stir until combined and it begins to boil
- remove from heat and allow to cool
- beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until fluffy
- turn mixer to low and add in powdered sugar
- once combined beat on med for 1-2 min until fluffy
- slowly add in brown sugar/butter mixture
- beat on med for another 1-2 min
- add in chocolate chips