I got to spend New Year’s Eve with my close friends and their families. It was so much fun. I love watching my kids play with my best friend’s kids. It’s so great to see. I sat down with my Mom to plan what to serve for New Year’s and I knew that I wanted to have some fun things for the kids to eat. We had lots of food that the kids would like eating but I wanted something that was made with them in mind to make the night special for them. New Year’s can tend to be a very adult holiday, so I thought that having something special for them to munch on would make it more of a party for them too. I made pizza with my Easy Peasy Pizza Crust and I went looking for a dessert dip.
This Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip was perfect! What kid has passed up the chance to eat a great big spoonful of cookie dough? None. Now this isn’t real cookie dough of course. It’s really more like a cookie dough flavored frosting. There are no eggs in this dip but it does have sugar, and butter and chocolate so………. it’s perfect in my eyes. I will say that some adults found their way over to this dip and gave it a try. It’s delicious and I think it was best when I dipped my buttery pretzel into it but the Nilla wafers and animal crackers were pretty good too.
- 1/2 c butter
- 1/3 c brown sugar
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1 c powdered sugar
- 1 c chocolate chips I liked the mini
- melt the butter in a saucepan over med heat and stir in brown sugar
- stir until combined and it begins to boil
- remove from heat and allow to cool
- beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until fluffy
- turn mixer to low and add in powdered sugar
- once combined beat on med for 1-2 min until fluffy
- slowly add in brown sugar/butter mixture
- beat on med for another 1-2 min
- add in chocolate chips
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!