The quick appetizer is perfect for all kinds of parties from Superbowl parties to backyard BBQ’s to holiday gatherings! It’s simple, easy to eat, and more importantly these Spicy BBQ Bites are quick to throw together!
My family has been making these Spicy BBQ Bites for years and they are always the first to go at every party. I usually make them from scratch, but you can certainly take a short cut and buy everything pre-made at the grocery and then these will be even quicker to throw together. The best part is that these bites are delicious and best served at room temperature so you don’t need to worry about keeping them hot.
Real Housemoms TV
If you don’t like spicy, then make sure to take the seeds and veins of the jalapenos out before dicing it….that’s were all the heat is. But don’t skip adding the jalapeno because it adds so much flavor (and color) to these little bites. I could eat this whole platter and call it supper! Ok….so maybe I really have done that, but no one saw me, so it doesn’t count. Anything that people can eat with one hand and in one bite while holding a drink in the hand is a party winner in my book! If you’re looking for more dinner party appetizers? Check out my Orange Arugula & Goat Cheese Bites or one of these 3 quick appetizer bites ready in 15 minutes on Around My Family Table.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 bottle BBQ sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1 bag of chips that are shaped like little bowls
- 1 jar of pickled red onions roughly chopped*
- 2 jalapenos finely diced (seeds and veins removed if you don't want it spicy)
- In a medium pan, cook ground beef until it's no longer pink and is fully cooked. Season with salt and pepper and then add 1/2 to 3/4 jar of your favorite BBQ sauce and heat thoroughly. Beef should be fully coated in sauce.
- Lay out chips on a serving platter in a pretty arrangement. Add in a small scoop of beef to fill chips. Top with roughly chopped pickled red onions and diced jalapeno. Serve warm or room temperature.
- *Need to make some Pickled Red Onions? Finely slice one red onion and place in a mason jar with a mixture of 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp sugar, 1 1 /2 cups apple cider vinegar, 3 cloves garlic, and 1 tsp whole black peppercorns. Place top on jar and let sit in your fridge for a couple hours. Over night is best, but at least 2 hours will be good.
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!