These Mimosa Cupcakes are made with orange cake and a delicious champagne and orange mimosa frosting!
Mother’s Day is coming! Have you planned something special for the mom(s) in your life? Around here we have so many wonderful mothers to celebrate. Melinda has two little ones, and my little sister is the mother of my adorable niece and nephews. Then of course we have our own mother’s who have given us so much love and support throughout our lives. Melinda and I wanted to cook up something special for them and these delicious Mimosa Cupcakes were what we came up with.
I know I’ve mentioned before how much we love doing brunches. It means you don’t have to get up so early in the morning but you still get to eat breakfast :). The other good about brunches is mimosas. Orange juice and champagne, delicious and decadent! We took the flavors of a mimosa and put them into a delicate little cupcake. An amazing dessert for any brunch, and something any mother will love on Mother’s Day.
We used a boxed white cake mix but you can use your favorite cupcake recipe if you prefer. All it takes is a few simple additions. We added orange zest and orange juice to the cupcake mix, for a stronger orange flavor you can use orange extract rather than orange juice. The frosting is a simple buttercream with champagne and orange juice added to it. The flavors are subtle and fresh, and the best part is you can make mimosas with the leftover orange juice and champagne! Mothers everywhere are going to love it.
- 1 box White Cake Mix and ingredients required
- 1 Tbsp Orange Juice you can substitute 1 tsp. orange extract for a stronger orange taste
- 1 Orange zested
- 2 lb. Confectioner's Sugar
- 1 c butter room temperature
- 3 Tbsp Orange Juice
- 3 Tbsp Champagne
- Mix cupcake ingredients as instructed on the box.
- Add orange juice (or extract) and orange zest.
- Bake according to box instructions.
- Cream butter in mixer.
- Add confectioner's sugar to the butter and start mixer.
- Add orange juice and champagne and mix until combined.
Have a very happy Mother’s Day!
If you enjoyed this you may also like: