Don’t you just love summer?!! One of the best things is grilling up your favorite cut of beef, just like this magnificent Grilled Steak with Brandy Peppercorn Sauce!
If it is on a charcoal grill, on an open fire or on a gas BBQ, the flavor of a grilled steak is unbeatable. The steak I bought, is called a Cowboy steak and it sure feeds a family. It is a bone in rib eye, not something you see every day. Ask your butcher if he can get you this cut of beef, it is 2 lbs. of deliciousness. We served it up with an amazing brandy peppercorn sauce and I was in heaven, nothing better.
Real Housemoms TV
When grilling a steak or cooking in a cast iron pan you always want to take the meat out of the refrigerator for at least 30 min. prior, depending on its’ size. A good steak should only need a fresh grating of pepper and some good quality salt. Season it well before cooking.
Once the steak is cooked always let it rest, under cooking it is best as it continues to cook while it rests. The juices will come back into the meat at this point. We let the meat rest for 5-10 min. The larger the piece of meat the longer you can let it rest.
This steak is cooked to medium but you can cook yours to your liking.
Then the brandy green peppercorn sauce is ladled on. I like that the sauce is nice and thick. We served this with a variety of side salads so the sauce stayed right with the steak. You can make the sauce to your liking! The sauce is bursting with amazing flavor from the shallots, green peppercorns, dijon mustard, brandy and tarragon. It matches perfectly with a gorgeous cut of beef.
If you have everything prepped the sauce is very easy to whip up while the meat it resting.
One luck person gets the bone from this large steak. In our house it was hubby. So grab yourself a wonderful cut of beef and try this delicious sauce. You will be making it again and again. Imagine it thinned out a bit with mashed potatoes in the cooler month, mmmmmm, so good!!
- 1 large 2 lb. bone-in rib eye steak or preferred cut and size
- Kosher salt Fleur de Sel
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 2 large shallots minced
- 1 Tbsp. canned green peppercorns drained and lightly crushed
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1 Tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- zest of one lemon
- 2 Tbsp. worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 Tbsp. fresh tarragon finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Take steak from the refrigerator and let rest at room temperature for 30 min. Prep all the sauce ingredients and have them at the ready. Salt and pepper generously. Grill to satisfactory doneness. For this large steak it was first seared on the flame and then finished on indirect heating to a temperature of 130F. Remove steak to rest.
- While the steak is resting, heat a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium high heat and add the shallots. Cook 3-5 min. until translucent. Then add in the green peppercorns and brandy. Cook until the liquid is almost gone.
- Mix together the mustard, lemon juice, zest, and worcestershire sauce and add it into the pan. Stir to combine. Add in the beef stock and cook and reduce until desired thickness. Add more beef stock or water if you cook it down too much. Serve over the steak and serve immediately.
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!