Make hand-washing more fun with some DIY RACE CAR SOAP in the bathroom!
With little boys in the house, race cars are definitely a big deal around here! So, what could be more fun than some race car soap? Making your own themed soap is actually really easy to do and could be a fun “craft” project to do with the kids! Plus, it certainly will encourage hand washing for the kids! So, it’s a win-win!
Real Housemoms TV
You actually don’t need too many supplies to make your own soap! Just make sure you’re extra careful if you decide to make the soap with the kids – with the boiling water and melted glycerin!
Here’s the easy tutorial:
Matchbox car (similar size car)
Glycerin soap block
Any rectangle soap mold
Soap scent (optional)
Small sauce pot
1. Cut your large glycerin soap into about 5 ice cube sized pieces
2. Place your soap pieces into a clean empty soup can
3. Place your soup can into a small pot of boiling water on the stove
4. Let your water boil around your can until the glycerin soap is melted (about 4 minutes)
5. Add in 1 tablespoon of your scent (I choose lemon)
6. Place your matchbox car inside down in your rectangular mold
7. Using a pot holder, carefully grab your soup can and pour your melted soap over your matchbox car
8. Let cool at room temperature for 10 minutes then transfer to the freezer for the last 10 minutes
9. Carefully stretch the sides of your mold and press up on the bottom to remove your race car soap
10. Place in the bathroom and have fun hand-washing!
Aren’t those so fun?! The creative possibilities are nearly endless with these DIY soaps too! They’re perfect for parties or just for some extra fun around the house!
For some more fun craft ideas with the kids be sure to check out these projects:
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!