Buffalo Chicken Salad Bites are the perfect bite-sized appetizer featuring spicy buffalo chicken salad served in crisp phyllo shells!
With football season quickly approaching, it’s time to start the hunt for some new appetizer recipes to keep things interesting on game day. We all know buffalo chicken wings are a game day favorite, but so predictable. I’ve transformed the typical chicken wing into a bite-sized, light, delicious buffalo chicken salad bites!
They are made by filling crispy phyllo shells with flavorful buffalo-inspired chicken salad! Phyllo, in case you don’t know, is a kind of very thin unleavened dough that is the perfect vessel for anything from dips to desserts. Very versatile and very yummy. You can find the shells in your freezer section. They are SO good.
I filled my phyllo shells with chicken salad that has all the flavors of buffalo wings with veggies and ranch! The cooked chicken mixed with buffalo sauce, ranch, celery, and onions is bold, spicy and fabulous! Skip the plain old, plain old this game season and add these tasty little bites to your game day spread. They are super quick and easy to make and totally addictive. You might want to make a double batch!
Get more great recipes like this one on our Real Housemoms Game Day pin board!
- 1 cup cooked chicken diced
- 3 Tbsp hot sauce
- 1 Tbsp ranch dressing
- 2 Tbsp celery diced
- 2 Tbsp onion diced
- 1 pkg. phyllo shells
- celery sliced (for garnish)
- In a bowl, combine the chicken, buffalo sauce, ranch dressing, celery, and onions. Using a fork, mix all of the ingredients, really pressing down on the chicken so that it shreds a bit.
- Prepare the phyllo shells according to the package directions.
- Fill each shell with a scoop of the chicken salad and garnish with celery and a little more hot sauce, if desired.