BOSTON CREAM PIE ICE CREAM is chock full of all the familiar flavors of your favorite cake. With just a few ingredients and no special equipment needed, anyone can make this tasty treat!
My husband LOVES Boston Cream Pie, y’all! Sadly for him I’m not a real fan of making a Boston Cream Pie. I’m not the best cake maker, probably because I just don’t have the patience to make a cake. I mean, I can make it and it will taste great, but it usually doesn’t look so pretty, and cakes should look pretty! Typically when I make Boston Cream Pie, I cheat with this No Bake Boston Cream Pie recipe. I was actually gathering all the ingredients together for my no bake recipe when the idea for Boston Cream Pie No Churn Ice Cream recipe hit me! Both recipes are deliciously easy ways to enjoy this tasty cake!
Real Housemoms TV
Speaking of cake… Why do they call it a PIE anyway? It is so obviously a cake! I had to know, so I looked it up and really didn’t come up with a good explanation. Basically, in 1856, the chef at the Parker House Hotel in Boston created a layer cake filled with a pastry cream and topped with a rum syrup and chocolate fondant. He called it the ‘Parker House Chocolate Cream Pie’, and it later became known as Boston Cream Pie. It is also the official dessert of Massachusetts. Just a little trivia to start your day courtesy of Wiki
I know there are some ice cream purists out there that will argue no churn ice cream is not ice cream at all, and I suppose they are right, but I really don’t care. I LOVE no churn ice cream. It is cool and refreshing like ice cream should be, and it is smooooooooooth!! I absolutely adore the texture of no churn ice cream. Creamy and smooth with no grit. Gotta love that! Not to mention, it only takes about 5 minutes to mix all the ingredients together. What’s not to love?!
The most difficult part about making no churn ice cream is the WAIT! But seriously, that’s not so bad. I usually make it up in the morning, pop it in the freezer, and it’s ready to go when, about an hour after dinner, Don inevitably asks, “so what do we have that’s sweet to eat?” Every night, y’all. Every night! I can’t wait to see his face when I answer… Boston Cream Pie Ice Cream!
- 1 14 ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 8 ounce container whipped topping
- Pound cake - about 1 cup cubed
- 1 cup Easy Chocolate Ganache Recipe
- 1 cup Pastry Cream
- In a large mixing bowl, add 1 (14 ounce) can of sweetened condensed milk and gently fold in 1 (8 ounce) container of whipped topping until combined.
- Pour half of the whipped topping mixture into a loaf pan and mix in 1/2 cup pound cake cubes. Swirl into the loaf pan 1/2 cup pastry cream and 1/2 cup chocolate ganache.
- Pour the remaining whipped topping mixture into the loaf pan and mix in the remaining 1/2 cup pound cake cubes. Swirl in the remaining 1/2 cup pastry cream and 1/2 cup chocolate ganache.
- Give it a taste and add more of the mix-ins as desired. Cover and place in freezer for several hours until frozen. Enjoy!
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!