These BLT POTATO SKINS are crazy easy and make a perfect party appetizer with that classic flavor combo that’s always a hit!
One of my very favorite foods is all. the. appetizers! I could, have, and will continue to make meals of appetizers. I think I was meant to be a Spaniard so that I could do tapas all the days of my life. There is just something amazing about having little samplings of everything.
This could be why I like game day so much. There is endless appetizers! And they are all cheesy and good and full of all the bacon. I mean, I know for sure that it is not because of the actually game being played . . .
Real Housemoms TV
One of my favorite ways to do game day foods is to do twists on classics. Like take a classic flavor combo that you love, say spinach and artichoke dip, and turn it into something else that completely, like this Spinach Artichoke Pull Apart Bread! There are so many different things you can do to create so many awesome apps! (I certainly am not cool enough to pull off saying “apps” casually without making those who love me wince.)
So these BLT Potato Skins are just that! The classic flavor combo that everyone seems to love, BLT, turned into potato skins. Plus they have a little bit of ranch dressing in there for some extra flavor! These make a perfect and awesome appetizer . . . or if you are me, dinner for one!
- 6 potatoes
- 1/2 cup light ranch dressing
- 6 slices of cooked bacon crumbled
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 Roma tomatoes diced
- 1 cup Romain lettuce chopped
- Bake your potatoes for about an hour at 400 degrees or until they are fork tender.
- Once cool enough to handle, slice them in half and scoop out most of the insides, leaving about a 1/4 inch of potato in the skin. Spray each side of the potato skin with cooking spray and bake for another 10 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Add a small amount of ranch dressing to the bottom of each potato skin. Top with crumbled bacon, and 1 TBSP of cheese. Bake for an additional 5 minutes until the cheese is melted. Top with lettuce and tomatoes and serve immediately.
More great game day food
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!