A refreshing PINEAPPLE LIMEADE made with a simple syrup, fresh basil, fresh lime juice, and plenty of pineapple. This is going to be your favorite mocktail ever!
The pineapple is sweet and tasty, the lime tart and the basil fresh. This is an icy refreshing glass of goodness I can’t get enough of. I made it once. I made it twice. And now I want to make it again and again. When I am not making this I am making Watermelon Slush. It is also refreshing and fantastic.
I know I recently shared a strawberry basil lemonade, but you guys, this tastes just as amazing! It is like another version of perfection. It is pineapple and lime. And the basil just makes it that much better. For me, fresh basil is the perfect addition to a summer drink. If you haven’t added it before, add it now. If you hate basil, then leave it out this drink will still rock your world. And if you want the fresh herb flavor, but not basil, go for mint! Mmmmm
I am a huge fan of mocktails. I don’t drink alcohol, but that doesn’t mean I am not a fan of fruity, fun, and flavorful drinks. And holy moly this is a good one. I had the idea for it and then I was craving it for days. Finally, I got around to pulling out my blender. I walked out to my herb garden and got basil! And then this concoction came to pass. You are welcome!
So go ahead, pour yourself a nice tall icy glass of this refreshing mixture! You won’t regret it. And if limeade is not your thing, check out this Sparkling Strawberry Lemonade. Holy Yum!
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 2 cup water
- 1 cup white sugar
- Squeeze limes to get 1 cup fresh lime juice, set aside.
- Make the simple syrup by combining sugar and water in a heavy bottom saucepan and bringing it to a boil. Stir until water is clear. remove from heat, and set aside to let cool.
- In a blender combine frozen pineapple, pineapple juice, and lime juice, and blend until smooth.
- Fill pitcher with pineapple lime mix and simple syrup, and ice, chiffon (cut into strips) basil, and stir it all together.
- Serve and enjoy!