Very refreshing, a little sweet and slightly tart, this PALOMA COCKTAIL is the perfect drink to enjoy on those warmer evenings as the sun goes down!
The paloma (Spanish for dove) is the most popular cocktail in Mexico. It’s a delicious change of pace of the ever popular margarita, but don’t get me wrong. I love a margarita too, since there are many warm months in our future, there is time to enjoy them all.
Most commonly mixed with a grapefruit flavored soda, making drinks with freshly squeezed juice always best and now that fresh produce is coming into season there’s no reason not too. Pink grapefruits are so delicious, I like to eat a half of one for breakfast. They make for such a pretty drink and combined with the sweetness of the triple sec and tang of the lime juice, this drink goes down really well.
The paloma is perfect for a casual get-together or just an evening on the porch and you can customize the drink to your taste. If you like it a little more tart, add more grapefruit, if you like it sweet, add more triple sec or add agave nectar.
- 4 ounces clear tequila
- 3 ounces freshly squeezed pink grapefruit juice (1 large grapefruit)
- 2 ounces freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 ounces club soda
- Lime slices for garnish.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add the tequila, grapefruit juice and lime juice. Shake for 10 seconds.
- Pour into short glasses with ice and top with club soda.
- Garnish with lime slices.