ONION, CRANBERRY AND PECAN CHEESE BALL is easy to make recipe, tastes amazing and has the most beautiful colors!!! Your friends will go nuts for this make ahead appetizer!
My friend had her annual Christmas cookie exchange a couple of weeks ago. It was so much fun! Everyone was responsible for bringing a cookie to trade with and an appetizer for us snack on. One of my favorite things at the holidays, after getting together with my family and friends, is to snack on appetizers! I love trying new recipes that my friends have made and eating entire meals of appetizers. In fact, that’s exactly what we’ve always done for Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve ever since I was a kid. We have a big meal on Christmas and my mom didn’t want to be in the kitchen both days so, apps it was.
The key to appetizers being easy or is to make sure that you can make them ahead of time! It never fails that I’ll get a great idea for some fancy schmancy appetizer. It will keep me in the kitchen to make it when my friends get over and then everyone gobbles up the super easy not complicated app first! Onion, Cranberry and Pecan Cheese Ball is full of bright colors and amazing flavors! The onion with the sharpness of the cheddar is just killer with the sweetness of the craisins and the crunch of the pecans on the outside. Serve this ball up with your favorite crackers and it will be gone faster than you can say jingle bells!
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sharp white cheddar, shredded
- 1 cup craisins
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 cup pecans, chopped and toasted and cooled completely
- stir together the cream cheese and cheddar until it's evenly combined
- mix in the craisins, green onions and parsley
- spread toasted pecans onto a baking sheet
- form the cheese into a ball shape
- roll the cheese ball around on the pecans to completely coat the outside of the ball
- completely cover with plastic wrap and store overnight or at least 4 hours to allow the flavors to mix