Your usual iced coffee gets a little spiked in this leprechaun-approved IRSH CREAM & MINT ICED MOCHA!
Back in my younger days, St. Patrick’s Day used to be an all day celebration for me. It was a day filled with dancing to Irish bands, drinking green beer, and just basically acting like a fool. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but at least a good 7 or so years have passed since I pulled my last all day’er for St. Paddy’s Day. These days I might dance a goofy jig with my 4 year old and wear a little green, but long gone are those all day parties to celebrate our favorite Irish holiday. And long gone is my affection for pitchers of green-tinted beer too… thank goodness. 😉 I would much rather be sipping on one of these Irish Cream & Mint Iced Mocha’s nowadays.
This spiked iced mocha starts with a very simple to make Andes Mint infused vodka. You are literally a little vodka, a handful of Andes Mint, a glass jar, & 24 hours from having the best chocolate-mint flavored vodka ever. Then you shake that Andes Mint-infused vodka with a little Irish cream & your favorite espresso and pour over ice. Chocolate, mint, Irish cream, & coffee- you simply cannot go wrong with that flavor combo for St. Patrick’s Day no matter how you find yourself celebrating it this year. 🙂
- 1 cup vodka
- 7 Andes Mints, unwrapped & chopped
- 1 oz Irish cream liqueur
- 1 oz of the Andes mint infused vodka
- 1 cup chilled espresso or strongly brewed coffee
- Splash of half & half
- Whipped cream, chocolate syrup, & an Andes mint- for garnishing
- Place the chopped Andes Mints in a pint sized glass jar. Pour in the 1 cup of vodka. Place a lid on it and let it sit for at least 24 hours, shaking the jar vigorously at least 3-4 times as it infuses. Strain out any of the Andes Mints that did not completely dissolve before using it.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Pour in the Irish cream, Andes Mint infused vodka, and the chilled coffee. Place the lid on the shaker and give it a few food shakes. Fill a glass with ice. Strain the coffee mixture over the ice. Add a splash or two of half & half and give a quick stir. Top with a dollop of whipped cream, chocolate syrup, & an Andes Mint, if desired.
- Cheers & enjoy!
If you liked this recipe, you might also like my…