This CHICKEN, ASPARAGUS, AND SWEET POTATO SKILLET is a super easy, yet very flavorful one-pot meal!
My husband and I have been trying to eat better. We have tried to up our protein and vegetables and lower our sugar intake. It has been a little bit difficult, only because we have sugar flowing through our blood, but if there is one thing I have learned, it’s that healthy food can actually be delicious.
That is totally the case for this Chicken, Asparagus, and Sweet Potato Skillet. The chicken is moist, it draws a lot of flavor from the chicken broth and just some simple salt and pepper, and the sweet potatoes and asparagus pair so well together! It is one of our favorite meals to make when we are in a hurry because it is quick to throw together and doesn’t require a lot of dirty dishes.
The best part about this Chicken, Asparagus, and Sweet Potato Skillet is how much my three-year-old daughter likes it, too! She took a bite and said out loud, “I think I like this…” and cleaned her plate. Total mom win! It really is a delicious meal and you’re sure to like it whether you are trying to eat healthier or not!
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 3/4 cup chicken broth or water
- ½ lb fresh asparagus, cut into 1.5-inch pieces
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp. red chili flakes
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add the coconut oil.
- Once heated, add the garlic and chicken. Sauté for about 7-8 minutes or until it is cooked through. Be sure not to overcook! Set the chicken aside.
- In the same skillet, add the sweet potato and chicken broth.
- Cook for about 7-10 minutes or until the sweet potato is cooked through.
- Add the asparagus and cook for about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the chicken and season with salt, pepper, and red chili flakes.
- Serve hot.
You might also like: