No matter the occasion, this YEAST RAISED RASPBERRY COFFEECAKE will be a hit at your next brunch!
If you ask me, I think brunch is the most perfect meal. ever.
You’ve got your sweet and savory. Eggs, pancakes, and coffeecake. Fruit, bacon, and let’s not forget the mimosas. A perfectly acceptable reason to day drink. Brunch has it all.
Real Housemoms TV
Spring and summer seem to be high brunch season. Easter, Mother’s day, Father’s day, graduations, baptisms, first communions, weddings. Not that I ever need a reason, but there seem to be plenty of reasons to brunch.
This yeast-raised coffeecake is reason enough, and will be my contribution to any brunch invitation coming my way. Nothing against a traditional coffee cake, but I am a yeast dough gal. Bread like this challah, doughnuts, and beignets, these are my love language for sure.
The batter is easy to mix together, and like most yeast dough requires a rest time. I planned on making my own raspberry pie filling, but ran out of time so I went with canned. The kids actually preferred it 🙂 go figure. If you don’t like raspberry try strawberry, mixed berry, or even cherry. Either way, this coffee cake is outstanding, and just begging to be on your brunch table.
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- .75 ounce envelope of active dry yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk I use whole milk when baking
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups of raspberry pie filling
- in a small saucepan warm the milk with the butter, and heat until the butter melts
- in the bowl of a stand mixer combine the flour, sugar, yeast and salt
- mix in the milk, eggs, and vanilla (the dough will be very sticky)
- cover and let rise until doubled in volume (about 45 minutes)
- butter a 13 x 9 baking dish
- pour batter into the dish
- drop pie filling by the spoonful over the batter and swirl with a knife
- cover and let rise 30 minutes
- heat oven to 350 degrees
- bake coffeecake for 35 minutes
- cool slightly before cutting
- serve warm
**just a quick note prep time include rising times
don’t let the yeast scare you, this yeast raised raspberry coffeecake is one coffeecake you need in your collection.
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!