Wow, Thanksgiving is tomorrow! How can that be? I am really excited to spend the day with my family and for all the amazing food and desserts! We love pies, but Vanilla Caramel Roasted Pears are another great idea for the treat table! They are so yummy, super easy to make, and will be a hit with family and friends. I made them for dessert last week and my family raved about them! I love using fruit as part of a treat and the vanilla caramel sauce is the perfect compliment to the pears!
Have a very Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow and enjoy time with family, friends, and loved ones!
recipe modified from Baking Bites
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Peel pears and slice them in half
- Remove the stems and seeds, then place them cut-side-down in a large baking dish
- Sprinkle pears evenly with lemon juice and sugar
- Roast for 25-30 minutes, until pears are tender and a golden brown caramel is bubbling in the pan
- Pour heavy cream and vanilla into the caramel around the pears and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, basting the pears once or twice with the sauce during that time
- Allow pears and sauce to cool slightly and sprinkle them with chopped nuts before serving
- Sauce will thicken slightly as it cools
- Serve each pear half with a scoop of ice cream or yogurt and a drizzle of sauce