Sriracha Egg Tater Tot Cups are simple yummy breakfasts that you can eat on the go!
Weekday mornings are CRAAAAZY. Everyone is trying to get ready and get out the door. The easiest thing to do is to skip breakfast. However, we have learned that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. So skipping it is no longer an option. But we can make it portable, and cute and yummy! Basically, these Sriracha Egg Tater Tot Cups are eggs, potatoes, and cheese in little cute cups to make them portable.
They start with a layer of tater tots in muffin tins. I line up the tater tots vertically around the side of the muffin tin and then place a tater tot flat in the center of the other tots. So it will look like the above photo.
Then place an egg yolk in the center of each tater tot cup. If you want to use a whole egg, you will need to use extra-large muffin tins because the standard size will only be large enough for the egg yolk. Then cook for 15 minutes. Top each tater tot cup with a sprinkle of cheese and bake just a few more minutes to allow the cheese to melt. After removing them from the oven, I add a few drops of Sriracha. You can have some fun with that and make red eyes for Halloween, or zig-zags, or whatever makes you happy.
Then all you have to do is remove from the muffin tins and serve hot!
What design will you make with the Sriracha on your Sriracha Egg Tater Tot Cups?
- 28 oz bag frozen tater tots, thawed
- 12 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup monterey jack cheese shredded
- Few drops Sriracha
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place 5 tater tots vertically around the sides of each muffin tin, and lay one tater tot flat in the center of the bottom of the muffin tin, so the other tater tots are surrounding the bottom one. (See picture above.)
- Add one egg yolk to the center of each tater tot cup.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle a teaspoon of shredded cheese on top of each tater tot cup and bake for about 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven.
- Top with a few drops of Sriracha.