Spring is here! Spring is here! And I personally love nothing better than the bright spring hues in craft projects and home decor! Paired with some gorgeous spring flowers, you can turn a simple frame into a gorgeous showstopping centerpiece or gift idea!! Today I’m going to show you how to take a simple shape and dress it up with washi tape to make this Spring Butterfly Washi Tape Frame!
What you need:
- Butterfly Punch OR Scissors and tracing of butterfly image you like
- Small Frame of your choice
- White Paper
- Washi Tape
- Canvas backing
- Hot Glue
1. Start by gathering up your supplies, then slowly adding 4-5 strips of washi tape to your white paper in bright spring colors.
2. After your colors are layered (and looking so festive!), you’ll pull out your butterfly punch and decide how you want your butterfly to be layered (you could do horizontal or vertical).
3. After it’s punched, you’ll want to glue it onto the center of your piece of canvas backing and then glue the backing onto the frame.
It looks really pretty with a pretty bouquet of spring flowers!! You could do multiple frames with different butterflies in them and do them as a mini gallery wall even!!
So there you have it…a super simple and fun spring craft idea sure to brighten up your home and put you in a happy mood! Enjoy!