SALTED CARAMEL CASHEW PIE is a rich combination of sweet and salty you’ll crave!
We’re kind of crazy about caramel in our house. Pretty much any candy with caramel in it and we’re sold. Needless to say, we couldn’t wait to dive into this salted caramel cashew pie. The caramel softens the nuts just the right amount, not so hard that they’re super crunchy, and not so soft that they seem like mush. And, of course, I used my foolproof pie crust recipe. It really makes this pie stand out, and is flaky and perfect every time, no matter how much you handle it.
I’m not one to bake pies very often, but, when the holidays roll around, it’s just something I’m compelled to do. One of my favorite pies to make is my mother-in-law’s pineapple cream pie. She gave me the recipe several years ago, and I make it for all of our special occasions. This salted caramel pie was so good, though, it’s definitely on the holiday dessert list!
Just look at all that gooey caramel oozing off the crust and onto the plate. I may have licked my fingers once or twice while making this fabulous pie
- 1 pre-baked pie crust
- 1 Cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 Cups whole milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 Cup cashews chopped, plus more for decoration
- Combine sugar and flour in a medium saucepan
- Whisk in milk and egg yolks
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thick and bubbling, about 5 minutes
- Remove from heat and stir in butter until completely melted
- Stir in vanilla, 1 teaspoon sea salt and 1 Cup cashews
- Allow to cool 5 minutes; pour into baked pie crust
- Cool on wire rack for 1 hour
- Decorate with whole cashews, if desired
- Cover and chill for 4 hours before serving
You may also like:
Leave a Reply