ROASTED GARLIC AND RED PEPPER BRUSCHETTA is the perfect appetizer. The flavors of nutty roasted garlic and red pepper burst in your mouth with every bite!
Do you have a favorite appetizer? I’ll admit, I have many like this blue cheese tomato bruschetta, but, roasted garlic and red peppers are my go-to for any type of appetizer. They pair perfectly with cheese, bread, or even on pizza. I particularly love the nutty flavor of the garlic in this roasted garlic and red pepper bruschetta. And, it’s so easy to make, why not? With just a little planning, you can whip up this crowd-pleasing recipe.
The first step is to roast your garlic and red pepper. You can see how to do that by popping over to my site where I’ll show you how to roast garlic. Peppers can be done the same way, so just put both your garlic and peppers on the same pan and roast them together. Once roasted, continue following the recipe for roasted garlic and set aside. Allow the pepper to cool just enough to handle and gently pick at one of the edges until the skin begins to peel up.
Real Housemoms TV
Slowly peel back the skin. You may need to do this a few times, as the skin doesn’t usually come off in one big piece. Next, slice the pepper into strips and set aside.
Place your baguette slices on a baking sheet and lightly brush with olive oil. Bake until they begin to turn brown, too long in the oven will cause them to be too crispy.
While still warm, spread your toasted baguette slices with the roasted garlic and red pepper and serve immediately.
- 2 heads fresh garlic
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 baguette sliced
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Cut pepper in half lengthwise and remove stem and seeds
- Prep garlic and roast with pepper according to recipe How to Roast Garlic
- Remove from oven and set aside
- Adjust oven to 400 degrees
- Place sliced baguette on a baking sheet and lightly drizzle with olive oil
- Bake until just brown, about 10-15 min
- Meanwhile, remove garlic from bulbs and slice pepper
- Remove toasted baguette slices from oven and spread with roasted garlic and pepper
- Serve warm
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!