This QUINOA CHICKEN STIR FRY is a super fast, protein packed dinner the entire family will love! So many fantastic flavors and colors it will brighten the end to any day.
Confession, sometimes I get caught up on the computer and don’t realize what time it is, and dinner is a distant thought. I have a full stock of Pinterest boards with yummy goodness but nothing ready to go for my family in my real kitchen. I run down to the kitchen looking for something to make in a hurry to avoid having to drive somewhere to pick up dinner. Well this happened to me recently and I grabbed a bunch of ingredients with protein thinking that if I didn’t have a lot I’d at least fill my family up with an insane amount of protein and they may not notice. The end result was this Quinoa Chicken Stir Fry! It was so good that I made it again that same week! It is so filling that you could probably serve it to more than four people but I’m not sure. I would probably just make a double batch and enjoy the leftovers because they are great!
Real Housemoms TV
A lot of the foods in this recipe are staples in my kitchen. I keep a lot of quinoa on hand because it’s so versatile and has so much protein. I like it as an alternative to rice. My husband used to want rice with every meal but my waistline wasn’t a fan of that. Once he tried it for the first time in this Kale Salad he was hooked and wanted it all the time. I also buy a bunch of nuts at Costco and Trader Joe’s. I use them for crunch in my salads without putting in the croutons. I LOVE croutons but I have an issue stopping at a normal serving so the nuts and seeds are perfect. It makes it seem like my salad is a lot more fancy than it actually is too. A great trick to hiding the fact that you were lost in a Pin-nado and had no idea it was dinner. This is a great family dinner because it’s healthy but super tasty and, my favorite part, super quick and easy!
- 1 cup red quinoa uncooked
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 2 garlic coves minced
- 1/2 cup shredded Brussels sprouts
- 1/2 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups cooked chicken breast cubed (I used leftover Grilled Honey Lime Chicken)
- 1/4 cup almond slices toasted
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds toasted
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbles
- bring chicken broth and quinoa to a boil in a saucepan
- reduce heat and allow to simmer covered for 15 minutes
- fluff with a fork and place the lid back on the saucepan for another 5 minutes
- heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat
- add the onions and cook for 2-3 minutes until softened
- stir in the garlic and allow to cook for 1 minute, stirring often
- add the Brussels sprouts, purple cabbage and carrots into the skillet and stir
- allow to cook until wilted, then add the chicken and cooked quinoa
- stir until warmed through and remove from heat
- add the almonds, pumkin seeds, dried cranberries and feta crumbles
- stir together
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!