Loaded with pumpkin flavor & delicious glaze, these Pumpkin Streusel Muffins are the epitome of the perfect fall breakfast!
Are you excited for fall? I think most everyone has had their fill of summer & has gone completely pumpkin crazy by the time we get to October. I can see why. The air gets a little crisp, the leaves change & it’s time to start pulling out the flannel blankets & reaching for the comfort foods. Something about that wonderful smell of pumpkin & cinnamon drifting through the house is so comforting. It is certainly something we love & look forward to each fall. Which is why I try to make these Pumpkin Streusel Muffins as often as possible.
I grew up in So Cal, so fall was sort of foreign thing to me. Yes the weather changes, but it’s not drastic for the most part. So when I married someone that grew up in an orchard on the outskirts of Lake Tahoe, I was introduced to some wonderful experiences I had never had before. Fall colors in person, apple picking, hayrides & actual pumpkin patches. I was in love with the season & fall has remained my favorite season since we met 20 years ago. We had many years living in various places where we didn’t get to experience the glory of fall. But now that we are here in North Idaho we definitely have it all around us. So I really embrace all the wonderful parts of fall & one of those things is always pumpkin muffins.
These pumpkin streusel muffins are so incredibly delicious. I just love that streusel on top & the glaze. Oh my goodness- I can’t think of anything I enjoy more for breakfast than these muffins. It’s gives such a cozy feeling to sit with my cup of coffee & one of these muffins & enjoy the gorgeous fall colors outside. They certainly are a bright spot in my day. I know they will be your favorite too.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter- cubed
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 2-3 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees & line muffin tin with 12 liners
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, salt & spices
- In a smaller bowl whisk together pumpkin puree, oil, eggs, milk & vanilla
- Add wet mixture to dry & stir until just blended - don't overwork
- Scoop 2-3 tbsp of batter into each lined muffin tin well or until each is filled about 2/3 full
- Prepare your streusel by combining all ingredients in a small bowl & cutting butter into dry ingredients until it resembles coarse crumbs
- Spoon on top of your muffin batter
- Bake 25-28 minutes or until they spring back when pressed
- Remove & cool on wire rack
- Prepare glaze by combining ingredients in a small bowl & whisking until smooth
- Drizzle over slightly cooled muffins
- Store in an airtight container
How about a couple more great fall recipes?