Pumpkin Butterscotch Cookies are ultra soft & chewy and loaded with plenty of pumpkin spice and butterscotch chips!
It’s that time of year, and everyone who loves pumpkin is screaming “OMG PUMPKIN!!!!” and those weird pumpkin haters (I will never understand you) are wondering “When will the madness end?!?!”. Never. At least not in my house. For me, pumpkin is a year round thing, and it’s just that Sept-Nov I get to be outwardly excited about it, while the rest of the year I keep it on the down low.
MY LATEST VIDEOS
These are just slightly adapted from my very favorite pumpkin chocolate chunk cookies. Slightly crisp on the outside and soft on the inside without being cake-y, these are the perfect fall treat. And the butterscotch? OMG it is like pumpkin and butterscotch were just made to go together. Like pb&j. Goat cheese & Ari.
Easy to make, and easily made vegan and/or gluten-free, these are a treat you can share with all your loved ones this fall!
- 2 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour or this gluten-free baking blend for gf
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- dash salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, cornstarch, and salt until combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together sugars, coconut oil, butter, pumpkin and vanilla until combined. Add dry ingredients and mix until combined. Gently, stir in butterscotch chips. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. If you leave it in longer (ie: several hours to overnight), you may need to let it sit at room temperature for a few minutes before scooping and baking.
- Preheat oven to 350. Line two large baking sheets with silpat of parchment papers. Use a small cookie scoop to transfer dough to baking sheet.
- Bake until edges are lightly golden and cookies are just set, about 10-12 minutes. Cool completely on baking sheet. Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to one week.
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!