This sweet and savory Proscuitto Melon Bruschetta will impress over and over again!
Today sharing one of my most favorite appetizers: bruschetta. It can be elegant and if you need it but it can also be served at your backyard bbq too!
The basic bruschetta recipe features bread rubbed with garlic, drizzled with salt and pepper and lightly toasted. Each bread round is then topped with a fresh tomato salad, herbs, and balsamic vinegar. This traditional version of bruschetta is perfectly fine, but I like my bruschetta to have both a sweet and savory element to it.
Real Housemoms TV
I’ve combined strawberries and tomatoes on bruschetta with great success which is why I decided upon the combination of prosciutto and melon for this bruschetta recipe. Melon and prosciutto are quite the classic Italian pair. Small cantaloupe wedges wrapped in slices of prosciutto is a popular Tuscan appetizer. This recipe simply combines two classic appetizers into one.
I lightly oiled thinly sliced French bread and then grilled them for 2-3 minutes or just until lightly toasted. Meanwhile I chopped ripe, fresh melon into bite-sized pieces. Once the bruschetta is grilled, top each sliced with the cubed melon, chopped the prosciutto and fresh basil. A drizzle of balsamic vinegar finishes them off! You will be blown away by each bite. The sweet melon, the salty prosciutto, the fresh basil and the tangy balsamic vinegar work harmoniously to bring you a truly memorable appetizer!
Get more great recipes like this from our Real Housemoms Appetizer pin board!
- 1 16 oz loaf French bread
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ cup diced cantaloupe
- 3 oz prosciutto chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Preheat outdoor grill or grill pan.
- Slice French bread into 24, 1-inch slices. Arrange bread slice on a baking sheet. Drizzle bread with 2 tablespoons olive oil, turn and drizzle bread with remaining olive oil.
- Grill bread slices for 2-3 minutes, or until lightly toasted. Remove and top with diced cantaloupe. Top with prosciutto and basil. Drizzle with vinegar just before serving.
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!