PEAR AND GORGONZOLA SPINACH SALAD is the perfect healthy side to your lunch or dinner!
With the start of the new year, I bet that a lot of you, like me, have the goal to eat healthier. I wasn’t great at eating lots of veggies last year so my goal is to turn that around. One easy way that I like to get my 2 1/2 cups of vegetables each day is to eat a salad with my lunch. This yummy Pear & Gorgonzola Spinach Salad has been my latest obsession.
Real Housemoms TV
The base of the salad is baby spinach, my favorite greens for a salad. I can buy a gigantic container that lasts me a week and the best part is that it is prewashed and I don’t have to cut or tear the leaves. Win-win!
The sweet and soft pears are absolutely divine with the strong and flavorful Gorgonzola (isn’t that such a fun word!?) cheese. And then to add more deliciousness I added dried cranberries, honey glazed walnuts, and bacon. I know bacon isn’t considered healthy but a little bacon never killed anyone, right?!
Then to top it all off, the salad is tossed in a simple and sweet white balsamic vinaigrette. You just place the 5 dressing ingredients in a jar, give it a shake, and drizzle it over your salad. I love serving this salad to go with these easy stuffed peppers. It’s a rounded meal my whole family loves!
If you’re looking for another great winter salad try this Roasted Butternut Squash Salad with Warm Apple Cider Vinaigrette.
For the Salad:
- 6 cups baby spinach packed
- 1 pear sliced into thin wedges
- 1/2 cup honey glazed walnuts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup Gorgonzola cheese
- 4 slices thick cut bacon cooked and crumbled
For the vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the Vinaigrette:
- Place all the vinaigrette ingredients in a jar and shake well. Set aside. (You'll want to shake it again right before adding.)
For the Salad:
- In a large bowl, toss together spinach, pear slices, nuts, cranberries, cheese, and bacon. Add desired amount of vinaigrette when ready to serve and toss until evenly coated.
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!