PEAR AND GORGONZOLA SPINACH SALAD is the perfect healthy side to your lunch or dinner!
With the start of the new year, I bet that a lot of you, like me, have the goal to eat healthier. I wasn’t great at eating lots of veggies last year so my goal is to turn that around. One easy way that I like to get my 2 1/2 cups of vegetables each day is to eat a salad with my lunch. This yummy Pear & Gorgonzola Spinach Salad has been my latest obsession.
The base of the salad is baby spinach, my favorite greens for a salad. I can buy a gigantic container that lasts me a week and the best part is that it is prewashed and I don’t have to cut or tear the leaves. Win-win!
The sweet and soft pears are absolutely divine with the strong and flavorful Gorgonzola (isn’t that such a fun word!?) cheese. And then to add more deliciousness I added dried cranberries, honey glazed walnuts, and bacon. I know bacon isn’t considered healthy but a little bacon never killed anyone, right?!
Then to top it all off, the salad is tossed in a simple and sweet white balsamic vinaigrette. You just place the 5 dressing ingredients in a jar, give it a shake, and drizzle it over your salad. I love serving this salad to go with these easy stuffed peppers. It’s a rounded meal my whole family loves!
If you’re looking for another great winter salad try this Roasted Butternut Squash Salad with Warm Apple Cider Vinaigrette.
For the Salad:
- 6 cups baby spinach packed
- 1 pear sliced into thin wedges
- 1/2 cup honey glazed walnuts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup Gorgonzola cheese
- 4 slices thick cut bacon cooked and crumbled
For the Vinaigrette:
- Place all the vinaigrette ingredients in a jar and shake well. Set aside. (You'll want to shake it again right before adding.)
For the Salad:
- In a large bowl, toss together spinach, pear slices, nuts, cranberries, cheese, and bacon. Add desired amount of vinaigrette when ready to serve and toss until evenly coated.
Leave a Reply