Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream is easy to make and will have you falling in love with homemade ice cream!
You know what term I hate? Super food. And I should totally love it because over on my blog, things are focused on being healthy, but I think it’s dumb. Unless we’re talking about a food that’s super delicious, like PEANUT BUTTER should be a super food! And also chocolate. And the combination should be, like, a super combo.
Real Housemoms TV
Peanut butter and chocolate are pretty much the tried and true dessert combo. The foodies of the world (myself included) keep pumping out pb&c recipes, and people keep loving them. Don’t mess with a good thing, right? I know that I’ve never for a second thought “I’m so over peanut butter and chocolate.”
Also, I’ve never for a second been over ice cream. It always has been and always will be my favorite, go-to dessert. I would take ice cream over a brownie or cake any day of the week. Especially with candy mixed in. Helllloooo fro yo addiction. 😉
I used to be super intimidated by homemade ice cream, but I promise it truly is easy! And with one this delicious, creamy and peanut butter-y, you will be making it forever and ever.
- 1 heaping cup peanut butter
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 ounces Reese's mini or regular, coarsely chopped
- In a large sauce pan, heat peanut butter, whole milk and brown sugar over medium heat stirring until brown sugar is fully dissolved and incorporated--about 10 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl/tupperware, cover and chill for at least for hours.
- Stir in heavy cream then transfer to ice cream maker and freeze according to ice cream manufacturer instructions. Add vanilla at the last few minutes of churning. Once ice cream is finished churning (it should resemble at least soft serve consistency, if not firmer), stir in chopped Reese's. Cover in a freezer-safe container and transfer to the freezer to finish freezing completely.
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!