Orzo Salad with Grilled Corn and Cilantro Dressing is a perfect summertime side dish!
If you live in a summer vacation destination spot like me you understand the chaos the season brings! Your house is a revolving door of guests! Don’t get me wrong, I love when friends and family visit, but if you’re like me and have a type-A personality around meal planning, last-minute guests may send you into a panic! That’s why I like to keep some easy to make, no-fail recipes in my back pocket! This orzo salad is just that recipe!
This summertime side dish can be thrown together with minimal effort and easy to find ingredients! Plus, it can be tailored to accommodate any type of diet! Need a gluten-free version? Swap orzo with quinoa. Have a vegan friend? Forgo the mozzarella cheese and add toasted pine nuts!
I grilled the corn because I love the way grilling brings out the corn’s natural sweetness! But, if you’re crunched on time just use frozen or canned corn instead! To grill corn, simply add shucked corn on the cob to a hot grill for 15-20 minutes, turning every 5 minutes.
- 1 16 oz box of orzo pasta
- 5 ears of corn grilled and kernels cut off the cob (or ~2 cups frozen or canned corn)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella cubed
- 2 large handfuls of arugula
- For Cilantro Dressing:
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 limes juiced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- Cook orzo according to package, drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, prepare cilantro dressing by adding all ingredients to a food processor and blending.Taste and adjust flavors as needed.
- Add orzo, corn, tomatoes, mozzarella and arugula to a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing, toss to coat and enjoy!
Check out some of my other favorite easy to make and no-fail recipes!